Company number: 08158543
Companies Act 2006
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of West London Students’ Union (“the Company”)
This is notice that the annual general meeting of the members of the Company will be held electronically at the following address: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8369381316.
On: Friday 29 May 2020
The business of the meeting will be:
- To ratify the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the report of the Trustees on the Union’s activities since the previous Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the annual accounts of the Union for the financial year ended 31 July 2019
- To appoint the auditors
- To approve the list of affiliations of the Union.
- Open questions to the Trustees by the members.
- To consider and, if deemed fit, pass the following special resolution:
That, the draft Articles of Association presented at and circulated with the Notice of the Company’s Annual General Meeting 2020 be approved and adopted as the Articles of Association of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, all existing Articles of Association of the Company.
The date of this notice is: 13 May 2020
By order of the UWLSU Trustee Board
Chair of Trustees
The registered office of the Company is: West London University Students’ Union, Mary’s Road, London, W5 5RF.
1. A member of the Company who is entitled to attend and vote at the above-mentioned meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy who need not be a member of the Company to attend and vote instead of them. You can vote by submitting the form below by 12.30pm Friday 29th May 2020 at the latest. Please read the explanatory notes below before casting your proxy vote.
2. A copy of the draft Articles of Association to be considered by special resolution at the meeting can be found here and a summary of amendments can be found here
A proxy vote allows you to nominate somebody to vote on your behalf if you are unable to attend the meeting.
To cast your vote, please complete and submit this online Proxy Notice Form by 12.30pm Friday 29th May 2020 at the latest.
Before you submit your vote, please read the explanatory notes below.
As a member of the Charity you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at a general meeting of the Charity. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes.
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
A proxy does not need to be a member of the Charity but must attend the meeting to represent you. If you sign and return this proxy notice with no name inserted, the chair of the meeting will be deemed to be your proxy. Where you appoint as your proxy someone other than the chair, you are responsible for ensuring that they attend the meeting and are aware of your voting intentions. If you wish your proxy to make any comments on your behalf, you will need to appoint someone other than the chair and give them the relevant instructions directly.
To direct your proxy how to vote on the resolutions, select the appropriate voting option on this online form.
If no voting indication is given, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at their discretion. Your proxy may vote (or abstain from voting) as they think fit in relation to the limited range of additional resolutions which may be put before the meeting.
These include for example:
- resolutions to deal with procedural aspects of the meeting such as the calling of a poll or a decision to adjourn;
- resolutions proposing amendments to the resolutions listed in the notice of the meeting, but note, the circumstances in which amendments can be made are very limited.
To appoint a proxy using this notice an online copy of this notice must be completed and submitted by you no later than 12.30pm Friday 29 May 2020.
Any power of attorney or any other authority under which this proxy notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12.30pm Friday 29 May 2020.
If you wish to change your instructions, you can submit another notice via the online form. The appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
To revoke your proxy instructions, send notice to email@example.com clearly stating that the instructions are revoked and ensure that the notice is received by the Charity no later than 12.30pm Friday 29 May 2020.
Communications relating to proxies in respect of the meeting may only be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other forms of communication will be accepted by the Charity.