Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students' unions are all seriously fun places to work. We are professionally run, but with a difference. Full-time staff teams support elected student leaders to make a change, improve lives and fulfil potential; we help make it happen. University in West London Students' Union work in partnership, sharing members of staff, knowledge and best practice. With more than 10,000 members across 3 campuses, 2 NUS Awards (Union of the Year and Participation Award) and voted as the No.1 SU in England 2017 according to the National Student Survey, why wouldn't you want to work here?
Benefits and Perks
In return for your passion and experience we offer:
- Over 40 days of paid annual leave per year
- Free Gym Membership and exercise classes
- Free counselling & advice service
- Access to free degrees and short courses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel
- Tax-free childcare voucher scheme
- External, paid for personal development opportunities for staff
- Annual learning and development programme
- Personal pension with 5% matched contribution rate
- Free access to transport to/from local underground stations
- Discount at student union café and bar
- Opportunities to act as staff representative at trustee board sub committees
- Inclusive, paid for, annual social programme
How we recruit
We want to ensure all systems, policies and processes are free from bias or discrimination and are fair and accessible, therefore we decided that all candidates have to complete our Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring and Contact Form in order to apply for a job.
Application forms are formatted to ensure the equality monitoring data is removed before applications are seen by the shortlisting panel. This process allows us to ensure that the shortlisting is done in a fair and consistent manner and all applicants are given the same opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.