Chat with us
We are the University of West London’s official student radio station. We aim to provide an inclusive platform for students to learn and share creative ideas, while gaining industry experience, through the art of radio.
Purchasing a membership to our society will give you access to the radio studios, with training from committee members and the radio technician on how to record and broadcast live shows on blast radio.
As well as basic training on how to use the radio studios, there is the oppotunity to learn how to use the DJ decks from our fellow DJ's in Blast Radio.
As a member, you'll get the oppotunity to not only represent your university but you'll also meet loads of like-minded, dedicated and awesome individuals that will will help you build your radio skills!
Events and Activities
Over the course of the year we host a variety of events including: - regular studio training, - Regular society meetings including meals out, nights in, pub nights and more, - oppotunity to attend SRA (student radio assosiaton) events.
Any questions please feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or dm us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
CHAIRPERSON - click here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President and Vice-Presidents roles. It’s been designed to incorporate some of the administration and face-to-face elements that go into running a society. This person will act as the face of the society and will lead by example!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - click here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
- The person will be in charge of Blast's existence in the world of radio. This role will require dealing with SRA, SMN, Radio Pluggers (labels and independent) and other entities within the Music Industry. Station Manager will also be in charge of making sure all the necessary steps were taken for Blast to broadcast (e.g. appropriate licensing). On top of that, the Station Manager will support the society members' development in the field of radio (e.g. training sessions, scouting external radio opportunities for the members etc.). The Manager will also ensure smooth delivery of the live shows and all the operations within the radio studios. Ideal candidate would have at least some form of demonstrable radio experience and strong desire to work of their own initiative, as well as part of a team.
EVENTS MANAGER - click here
- This role is a new role created to add value to the previous social sec role, therefore, it includes elements of the social sec role. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work, the financial elements and the face-to-face elements that go into running effective and successful student group events and social activities.
- The person will support the Station Manager in their role and maintain smooth radio operations of Blast throughout the year. Ideal candidate would have a basic understanding of the world of radio, strong desire to self-develop and deepen their knowledge. The "to-do" approach and wanting to help Blast members reach their full potential are key in this role.
HEAD OF CONTENT
- The person will be in charge of all content produced by Blast (e.i. on-air and online, including social media). Head of Content will work closely with other society member to develop, produce, share and promote all type of content. That can include writing scripts, developing show ideas, creating marketing campaigns for social media etc. This role will also involve liaising with the Station Manager and Assistant Manager on what is Blast's on-air output and content release strategy. Ideal candidate would have a demonstrable knowledge/experience in some sort of content creation.
If you have any questions about the roles, please do not hesitate to get in contact with BLAST!
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE