Skip to content


You can appeal against a decision made by the University, if you disagree with the outcome and have relevant evidence to support your case.

Male writing on a piece of paper



Download useful documents.

What is an appeal for?

  • Academic offences regulations: -if you are unhappy with the outcome of your Academic offences hearing
  • Fitness to practice/study-If you are unhappy about the outcome of your fitness to practice or fitness to study outcome
  • Withdrawals: -the university wishes to withdraw you from the course
  • Mitigation: -if you unhappy with your mitigation outcome.

When should I make an appeal?

  • You can make an appeal if you feel that the university has not followed the correct procedure in raising a case against you.
  • You can make an appeal if you can show there are that exceptional circumstances, illness, or other relevant factors were not made known at the time for a good reason
  • That where an appeal is against a panel decision, the decision of the panel was manifestly unreasonable.  

When can I not make an appeal?

  • If you are disappointed with your assignment grade
  • Marginal failure to attain a higher classification of award.
  • No new evidence provided to the appeals team
  • Not knowing the university’s rules and regulations.

How can I make an appeal?

  • Fill in the appeal form, Form A. Submit Form A to the appeals team via email to:
  • Collect evidence that is relevant to your appeal and submit to:
  • This appeal form should be submitted 10 working days after the outcome you want to appeal against.
  • You can submit evidence 5 working days after you have submitted the appeals form
  • The appeals team will email you on your student email account to inform you of the outcome of your appeal or if they need any more information/evidence from you.