Work With Us
We work to make sure our students love their time at uni and it’s our teams that make that possible – student and full-time staff. Join our team if you want to join a fun, motivated workforce!
What do we do?
As a Students’ Union, we are here solely for our students. Everything we do is to make sure they have the best experience with access to the best opportunities. Every part of our team is crucial to our success.
What will you do?
With over 70 student staff this year, we are constantly growing our team of amazing students, who work with us part-time alongside their studies. These roles range from the bar, café, front desk, events, and ambassadors.
Join our lively, dynamic team of staff and develop your career surrounded by friendly faces.
Here at UWLSU, we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
What is Disability Confident?
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging organisations to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain, and develop disabled people.
What do UWLSU do to be Disability Confident?
As an organisation, we look at disabled people in terms of having valuable skills and qualities that our organisation need, and we focus on accessing and retaining diverse talent by doing the following:
- Actively attract and recruit disabled people to help fill our vacancies
- Provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offer and make reasonable adjustments as required
- Ensure employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
- Promote a culture of being Disability Confident
- Support employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Ensure there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Value and listen to feedback from disabled staff
If you have any questions about what we do or this scheme specifically, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org