An extension is a useful process that any student submitting work or giving a presentation for a module, apart from an exam, can use to get extra time to give in the work.

How do I apply for an extension?

Applying for an extension is simple, all you need to do is complete the online extension request form and notify your course leader that you would like an extension, at least two days before the original deadline. 

Once you’ve filled out the form, you will need to take it to your course leader to get it signed off. Your course leader will take into account the reasons for the extension and assess whether they would prevent you from making the deadline or allotted time for a presentation.

Your course leader can change your deadline date to be 10 working days after when it was supposed to be handed in or let you make your presentation at a different time.

For more information on applying for an extension, read the University's extension regulations.

What happens if I miss my original deadline and am not granted an extension?

If you submit your work late up to a maximum of five days of the original or extended deadline you will be capped at the pass mark (usually 40%).

If you submit your work late over five working days of the original or extension deadline, you will receive a 0 for the assignment or presentation.

If you submit it late over 10 working days of your original or extension deadline, then it will not be marked and be recorded as a non-submission.