Friday 31 January 2020
10pm - 2:30am
You’ve been asking for this all year so we thought what a better time to deliver it than Refreshers! And what a way to finish the week! Following on from the success of this last year with our ACS we’ve worked with them to create this event where you can celebrate yourselves! Oh did we mention we had not One but TWO Headline Acts for this one?
DamnShaq is the life of the party, the madman - he’s the first on the dance floor, the first jumping off the DJ booth - the first to be dripping in sweat. When the night’s over, everyone’s posting video on social not of the party but of Shaq. Coming Fresh off of his 5th Sellout DamnShaq’s House event he is not to be missed! DamnShaq will be on from 11:30pm-1am so make sure you arrive early to come and check him out.
Ellie Prohan’s career as a DJ,TV and radio presenter has grown at an astounding rate.
To date, the Persian DJ has already spun at some of London’s hottest venues including, The Jazz Café, Ace Hotel, Mahiki, 100 Wardour Street, The Curtain, Fabric to name just a few. Ellie has even entertained the masses at Soho House New York and The W Hotel New York. Additionally for brands such as Nike, Milk Make up, Spotify, Swatch, Island Records, Bumble and Flannels.
Ellie has performed at many festivals this summer , including: Lovebox, Strawberries and Creem, and Wireless. This year also saw Ellie’s first appearance at Glastonbury and Reading.But, Ellie is so much more than just a DJ. This year she launched ‘Ellie & Friends’, a series of event showcases that prioritise female talent. She is also the host of ‘Happy Hour’ the prime 5pm-7pm slot on community radio station Foundation FM, whose ethos is to create space for women within the Broadcast world. On top of that, Ellie founded and hosts the clubnight ‘GLo’, a series of events for the LGBTQI+ community.
Terms and Conditions for Events
Here at UWLSU we operate a series of Terms and Conditions for our events. This is both for your safety, security and licensing reasons. Please note that by attending one of our events, ticketed or not, you agree to the below terms and conditions.
Section 1: Purchase of a ticket or wristband is subject to the following terms and conditions;
1. You need a valid ticket/wristband to get in to see the show/event.
2. The venue management and/or event promoter (UWLSU) reserves the right to refuse admission. If you arrive late to an advertised last entry time, this constitutes grounds for a refusal of admission.
3. Please do not be offended if the venue management or promoter requests to see the contents of your bag. For certain events, the management also reserve the right to conduct security searches on admission by trained members of the security team.
4. Only in the event of the show/event being cancelled will your ticket be refunded.
5. Reselling a ticket or wristband for commercial gain will result in the ticket being invalid and non-refundable.
6. Sometimes the promoter (UWLSU) or event manager may need to make alterations to the advertised details of the performance/event at short notice. If this happens, the promoter (UWLSU) is not required to issue a refund or exchange of tickets/wristbands.
7. If allocated seats/areas have been issued to you, the venue manager or promoter (UWLSU) reserve the right to change this without refund.
8. By purchasing a ticket/wristband you are affirming your consent to the filming and/or sound recording of you as a member of the public whilst on the premises.
9. We are sorry if any of your personal property is lost or damaged whilst in attendance of the event, however the promoter (UWLSU) and/or the venue is not responsible for personal belongings you choose to bring to an event.
10. The unauthorised use of any professional camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
11. The venue and/or promoter holds the right to amend additional terms and conditions without notification to ticketholders.
Section 2 - Upon entry to one of our events, you adhere to the following;
1.1. Management always reserve the right of refusal upon your entry.
1.2. Management always reserve the right to remove you from the venue without reason.
2. You agree to be photographed and/or filmed whilst in attendance.
3. UWLSU operates a strict Challenge 21 policy, if you look under 21 you will be asked to prove your age.
4. UWLSU is not responsible for the actions of outside contractors, such as Security staff. We apologise if you have a problem with one of our contractors and we ensure all members of contactor staff are fully qualified and in a position to be working for us, however we cannot accept any responsibility for their actions.
5. You will not be served alcohol is you appear to be too drunk.
6. You agree to follow instructions given by members of the UWLSU team.
7. You understand that any cloakroom operated means that valuables are left at your own risk.