UWL Sport and Fitness Centre Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Membership at UWL Sport and Fitness Centre. It is designed to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of the facility users whilst maintaining the highest levels of health and safety for all users, visitors and employees. Failure to abide by this Code may result in the user being asked to leave the Sport and Fitness Centre.
Health and Safety
- The use of mobile phones for making or taking calls or texting & emailing is not permitted whilst using equipment.
- No food is to be consumed.
- Alcohol is not permitted on in any part of the UWL Sports and Fitness Centre. Anyone suspected of being in a state of inebriation will be prevented from making use of the facilities and services and asked to leave.
- Drinks must be contained in closed plastic vessels.
- Bags and belongings are not permitted to be stored in the lockers overnight. Any belongings left overnight well be removed
- Equipment must not be moved, altered, modified or used in a manner other than that for which it was intended.
- Equipment must not be left on the gyms’ floor. The storage racks provided must be used at all times.
- Equipment must not be placed on upholstery and must be replaced after use.
- Users must abide by instructions related to health, safety and appropriate conduct as issued by the gym staff and must also follow written health and safety instructions.
Respect for Others
- Users must wipe perspiration and any other marks from equipment after use.
- Users must not rest on equipment at busy times.
- Users must not sit or rest on equipment and machines in between reps.
- Users must limit their cardiovascular work to 20 mins if people are waiting for equipment.
- Users must not ‘hog’ equipment either when exercising alone or in groups. Equipment must be made available to any other user within a reasonable time.
- Users must not shout, use foul or abusive language or behave in a threatening or intimidating manner towards any other user, visitor or university employee.
- User must not play music through amplifying devices other than through personal headphones
Personal cleanliness and attire
- Footwear and clothing must be clean and free from odours.
- Appropriate exercise clothing must be worn when using the gyms.
- No sandals, jeans, string vests or open toed shoes are to be worn. Tops must be worn at all times in the gyms.
Respect for the Facilities and Service
- Users must be in possession of their membership ID card at all times whilst making use of the gyms and must use their cards to access the facilities for which they are entitled.
- Users must not ‘tailgate’ through turnstiles to allow access to anyone who is not in possession of their ID card.
Users must not allow others to make use of their ID card.