Membership Terms & Conditions
By joining a student group or participating within a UWLSU associated event or activity I acknowledge and agree that:
- I must be 18 years old or over when taking out membership for student groups, gym membership or any other UWLSU membership options.
- Memberships are available to students at the University of West London only. Non-students are able to obtain membership by purchasing an associate membership through the students’ union website (www.uwlsu.com), however additional charges may apply and non-students cannot play in official BUCS matches.
- By purchasing a membership all members I will abide by the Students’ Union constitution, and schedules and associated policies. All such documents are available from the Students’ Union.
- I am aware that through my membership I am representing the University of West London Students’ Union and must behave appropriately at all times.
- Memberships are valid until 31 August 2019, regardless of when it was purchased during the academic year.
- Membership access will be granted solely to the named individual to which the Student ID is attributed. Membership is not transferrable in any instance.
- If joining a sports club, the University of West London Students’ Union will pass my details onto British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) for team and individual competition entry only. Details such as name, university, email address, date of birth and any other specific requirements for university sport competition will be passed to BUCS. BUCS will never pass my data onto third parties and it will be used solely for BUCS competition and communication purposes. Every individual can manage the information that they receive from BUCS. For more information about BUCS please visit www.bucs.org.uk.
- If joining a sports club, the University of West London Students’ Union may, where appropriate, pass member details onto relevant National Governing Bodies. Details such as name, university, email address, date of birth and any other specific requirements for University sport competition will be passed to the National Governing Body as appropriate in line with the conditions of participation in that particular sport.
- Memberships can be refunded up to 14 days after purchase, this must be done at the Student Union reception with proof of purchase.
- The University of West London Students’ Union reserves the right to revoke membership of any paid member without refund or appeal if a student is found to go against these terms and conditions.
For more information please contact Charlie Benson, Student Activities and Participation manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.