Chat with us
The Forensic Science Society is a friendly and inclusive society perfect for forensic science enthusiasts: whether it is your field of study, you enjoy watching CSI shows, or it simply interests you.
Our society offers you a first-hand experience of what it's like being in an expert's shoes through exciting interactive workshops and talks from professionals.
By joining us, you will learn the work and knowledge that goes into criminal investigations while acquiring significant employability skills and creating strong bonds with other members.
Our membership fee is at £3. This fee will allow us to provide you with events and activities of premium quality. Thanks to our society's outstanding interactivity, you will be able to join a community of people with similar interests and to form professional connections.
Events and Activities
Due to the current pandemic, we are working on exciting online activities, with physical ones taking place again once possible. Throughout the year, we will be offering a variety of events including:
- Practical training workshops using forensic science equipment (fingerprints, DNA, interviewing witnesses, and more)
- Talks given by actual CSI agents and other professionals, providing an insight on forensic science in the real world.
- Social Events including pub nights, Winter Wonderland, and more
- Collaborations with other societies (such as Criminology and Psychology) to target the wider scope of forensic science and clear common misconceptions
- Special off-campus activities including room escapes, Jack the Ripper tour, the Sherlock Holmes Museum
- Fictitious "Murder Investigation", where you will apply your workshop investigation skills to solve the murder mystery
**Please keep in mind that some of the events may not take place due to the restrictions
We would be thrilled and honoured to have you as a member of our society! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To join our What'sApp groupchat, please send us an email.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon! Make sure to follow us on our social media accounts to receive the latest information from us.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
CHAIRPERSON - click here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President and Vice-Presidents roles. It’s been designed to incorporate some of the administration and face-to-face elements that go into running a society. This person will act as the face of the society and will lead by example!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - click here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
EVENTS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for motivating, organising and connecting the Student Groups members. They will provide a wide range and inspiring events throughout the year. They will plan events that bring the student group members together. and/or reward volunteers, are successes in order to ensure the future well-being of the Student Group.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for the Student Group communication channels, (inc. Social Media, WhatsApp, Email, Facebook, Website etc....) are maintained and updated with relevant news stories and information. They will work with all committee members to effectively promote and publicise Student Group events, activities, social events, and any other activities, and to work with the Students’ Union to reward its members in order to ensure the future well-being of the club.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE