">Chat with us
We at UWL Drama Society believe that art touches the soul like nothing else, particularly performing arts. We pride ourselves on catering to all skills and experience levels, from those that have never acted before, to those pursuing it in their studies.
We host a range of events from weekly technique workshops, rehearsals leading up to our annual winter pantomime and other performances, and regular social events.
We like to think of ourselves as a family and would love for you to join us on what we promise to be another incredible fun-filled year in the Drama Society!
Purchasing a membership to the Drama Society will give you access to:
Industry professional-led workshops and Q&As, workshops exploring theatre technique and practitioners, access to our social events (which are great places to make new friends), and performance opportunities including taking part in the panto, whether that be in a lead role or as part of the ensemble.
You'll have the opportunity to grow in confidence personally and theatrically, while meeting loads of like-minded, compassionate, and awesome individuals from a variety of different courses, forming a close-knit support network of treasured friends.
Events and Activities
- Committee-led Technique Workshops every Tuesday
- Annual Winter Pantomime (with rehearsals every Friday)
- Industry Professional-led Workshops
- Regular Social Events including nights out, awards viewing parties, themed parties, panto awards, end of year awards, and many more!
- Cabaret for a Cause
- Collaborations with other societies
- Perhaps a cheeky trip to the theatre? ;)
Our committee is really excited to welcome new and existing members and we've created a dedicated WhatsApp group for you to chat to committee members and other prospective society members.
Just scan the QR code below and you'll get access to the group. We're also hosting several Instagram Lives where you'll be able to meet our committee members and ask any questions you may have.
For updates when these Lives will be happening, make sure to follow us @uwldramasociety2020 on Instagram. Or if you just want to DM us, you can reach out to us on our pages on Insta, Facebook, and Twitter.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
CHAIRPERSON - click here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President and Vice-Presidents roles. It’s been designed to incorporate some of the administration and face-to-face elements that go into running a society. This person will act as the face of the society and will lead by example!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - click here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
- Deputy Chairperson - the person taking on this role will be expected to work alongside the Chairperson, to support and oversee the events, social sessions and promotion of the Drama Society, as a whole. You will also be acting as a role model for the society and as the link between members, the committee and the Students’ Union. A key feature of this role will also be enforcing the equal and fair treatment for all members of the society.
- If all of this, plus the extraordinary fun that comes with being in the Drama Society Committee, interests you, get in touch and nominate yourself for the role!
EVENTS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for motivating, organising and connecting the Student Groups members. They will provide a wide range and inspiring events throughout the year. They will plan events that bring the student group members together. and/or reward volunteers, are successes in order to ensure the future well-being of the Student Group.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for the Student Group communication channels, (inc. Social Media, WhatsApp, Email, Facebook, Website etc....) are maintained and updated with relevant news stories and information. They will work with all committee members to effectively promote and publicise Student Group events, activities, social events, and any other activities, and to work with the Students’ Union to reward its members in order to ensure the future well-being of the club.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE