Here at the LGBTQ+ society, we provide a safe space for everyone regardless of their gender and sexual identities.
We are dedicated to welcoming members of all backgrounds, and we encourage allies to come and show their support.
Our society aims to create a fun, safe and supportive environment for you to express yourself and aims to make you more comfortable while studying at university.
Events and Activities
Throughout the year, we’ll be holding numerous activities and events for our members.
All official events will be wheelchair accessible, and we’ll have a mixture of events with and without alcohol present.
There will always be at least one sober committee member present during alcohol socials to get you home safely!
Things to expect:
- We collaborate with UWL’s Wellbeing Team on events such as Plushie Parties
- We hold some arts and crafts workshops.
- We’ll be meeting up and attending London Pride.
- We’ll be collaborating throughout UWLSU’s Pride Month in February and Global Pride month in June.
- We’ll be holding our much-anticipated Annual Queer Prom.
- We’ve also got some general meetups and get togethers in Freddie’s Bar, The Castle Inn, West 5, and many more throughout the year.
- We have movie nights, game nights and art nights on the schedule as well as collaborations with amazing societies.
- We also want to have as many open mics and debate nights as possible.
- And finally, we’ll be collaborating with Gaming and Anime for multiple events throughout the year.
Check Out Our Socials & Contact Us
Chat with us
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram - @uwl_lgbtq
Twitter - uwl_lgbtq
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/uwllgbtq/
Meet The Committee
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
If you wish to be a part of our Committee, contact a committee member for more information.
Membership - £5
Once you purchase a membership for our society, you will have access to our Events & Activities.
Most of our events are free. We'll let you know if you need to pay for entry but will usually have a discount if you do.
You will also have access to our WhatsApp group and Discord Server. You will get to meet a lot of people, make friends with us and have emotional support anytime.