Chat with us
The MNGR is a music-focused multimedia and events platform delivering Music, News, Gigs and Reviews, with a focus on LCM Artists, Producers, and Alumni.
What started in 2016 as an online music magazine/blog for UWL artists and bands to showcase their music, has grown to become UWL’s greatest platform for LCM artists, Producers, and Alumni, as well as the best environment within UWL for LSFMD students seeking to gain professional media skills and a well presented body of work to show future employers.
Between our independently hosted website where we post weekly interviews and reviews, our print and online magazine issues showcasing the work of LSFMD writers, photographers and graphic designers, our in house gigs featuring LCM performers, and our online audio-visual content like our Grey Area sessions and Believe the Hype podcast series, there's never been a better time join the MNGR.
An MNGR membership grants you a place in either our editorial or events teams.
If you’re a LSFMD student, then add to your professional portfolio by: writing a music review of a new release, contributing questions towards an interview, designing one of our print and online magazine issues, or by taking part in a photoshoot with an LCM artist.
Or maybe you’re a music management student looking to gain experience in planning gigs or student events. Building an events team is currently one of our top priorities, so we’d love to have you on board!
All MNGR members are also entitled to discounted, if not free, event tickets, as well as the opportunity to network with other dedicated media and music students at our social events.
Our membership fee goes towards hosting our website, funding our print magazine issues, and booking potential artists and venues for future MNGR events.
Events and Activities
- Bi-Monthly magazine issues featuring interviews with LCM Artists, as well as photography, graphic design work, and other written pieces, all contributed by MNGR members
- Regular in-house and external live events with LCM artists, alumni, and external artists. Previous performers include the likes of LCM’s Opal Skies, Nadia Sheikh and Niamh Sygrove, as well as external artists such as Denio, The Dabhands, and Best of Enemies
- Collaboration events with other UWL societies
- Regular social events and networking opportunities with other MNGR members
We at the MNGR are incredibly excited to meet this year's newest UWL students. We've created a WhatsApp group for the sole purpose of answering any of your questions, so make sure to drop us a message about anything you’d like to know! We're also answering your questions on our Instagram story, so make sure to pay us a visit!
COMMITTEE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
CHAIRPERSON - click here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President and Vice-Presidents roles. It’s been designed to incorporate some of the administration and face-to-face elements that go into running a society. This person will act as the face of the society and will lead by example!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - click here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
EVENTS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for motivating, organising and connecting the Student Groups members. They will provide a wide range and inspiring events throughout the year. They will plan events that bring the student group members together. and/or reward volunteers, are successes in order to ensure the future well-being of the Student Group.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for the Student Group communication channels, (inc. Social Media, WhatsApp, Email, Facebook, Website etc....) are maintained and updated with relevant news stories and information. They will work with all committee members to effectively promote and publicise Student Group events, activities, social events, and any other activities, and to work with the Students’ Union to reward its members in order to ensure the future well-being of the club.
MNGR SPECIFIC COMMS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specifically for MNGR, the person in this role will also be responsible for the following:
Social media marketing, keeping a consistent image of the brand , representing the society on social media platforms, engaging with the audience.
- Head of press, interviews, reviews and articles.
If you would like some more information about MNGR specific roles such as Editorial Manager, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer any questions you might have, or put you in touch with the committee who will be able to help.
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE