Chat with us
Hey! We're UWL Ravens - UWL's new dance competition team. After a successful first year, we're raring to go for the new year.
We want to have a safe and supportive space to let everyone have the chance at weekly classes with industry professionals - and we want you to be a part of it!
When you become a Raven, your membership fees give you access to two dance sessions a week, one with our industry professional coach Aretha and the other with our committee members.
Our session with Aretha will include a focus choreography and fitness, while our other session puts more of a focus on technique and choreography rehearsal.
By joining the Dance Comp Team, you will be one of the many other members of UWL’s renowned sports teams who represent UWL at competitions, including Varsity!!
Your fees go towards our amazing studio rehearsal spaces, our fees for competitions and travel and our incredible teacher.
As a Raven, you will meets many different people, from different backgrounds and who are on different uni courses, who all share a love of dance!!!!
This year our membership fees are £20 for a total of 22 online sessions with our incredible teacher Aretha!
Events and Activities
- Training - Tuesdays 18:30-19:00 (Stretch class) and Wednesdays 19:30-20:30 (Jazz/Contemporary). This year both of these sessions will be lead by our amazing dance teacher Aretha and will be held on Zoom!
- Social Nights - We are part of the large community of amazing sports teams at UWL, and we are all looking forward to loads of nights that we can all meet up and hang out! Along with our own social nights throughout the year.
- Competition - We are looking to enter our first competition in the New Year!
- UWL Arts Show - We want to put on an end of year show in collaboration with all the amazing Arts Societies at UWL for a celebration of talents!
We are on Instagram (@uwldancecomp) and Twitter (@uwldancecomp). We are really active, and we will use this to post updates about UWL Ravens! We are going to do an Instagram Live during Freshers to answer all your queries, and get to know your committee. We've created a Whatsapp group that upon paying your membership you will get a link to - where we will be at hand throughout the year.
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
CLUB CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President & Captains roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the on-field direction and the organisational elements that go into running a successful sports club on and off the field of play. This person doesn’t need to be the best player, but more of a leader who has a vision for the club. Club captains will be assisted by team captains where applicable.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of a social media sec that some student groups have had in previous years and other means of communication. It’s been designed to ensure consistency of your student groups message across all communications and to give you a single point of contact for comms. This person will oversee the student group communications.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE