Chat with us
Are you nervous about joining uni? We are UWL Netball, we are a fun and high-spirited group of girls who have a passion for netball as well as always making the most of the university experience in fun socials and events.
Whether you love netball or even if you have no idea what it is, you are welcome in UWL Netball. No matter what, there is a place for you in UWL Netball because this club is where you make friends and memories for life.
Train with us, play in competitive leagues with us, party with us or make incredible memories with us – whether it be one or every single one, we are the club for you. Winning UWLSU Sports Team of the Year 2020, was an amazing achievement for us and we couldn't have done that without an incredible group of girls.
We pride ourselves in being a community for everyone, a group that will grow with you through your time at UWL. We can’t wait to see you soon!
By purchasing a membership with us you become part of a group of girls who will support you and be with you through your entire university life.
You will have access to our competitive fixtures, training every week with a professional coach as well as the opportunity to come on tour with us and compete in Varsity.
Your membership fee goes directly towards things which benefit you, such as cost of travel to matches, match perfect netball dresses, amazing experienced coaches helping you improve/learn, amazing training facilities and the development of our club as a whole.
As a member of our team, you not only represent your university, you meet friends you would never normally get the opportunity to meet who will become friends you never forget.
Memberships: Due to COVID and government guidelines we have reduced our membership to £15. Guest memberships are also available, a chance for you to get to know the girls and learn about all the exciting things we have planned!
Events and Activities
A normal year in netball brings with it so many amazing and unforgetable events, such as:
- Training as a team every Monday night
- Competing in BUCS matches every Wednesday
- Guaranteed varied socials every week from club nights out, pub golf, movie nights, quizzes and fancy-dress nights.
- Opportunity to socialise with other sports teams and societies
- Annual Sports Tour to countries like Croatia and Italy
- Award ceremonies
- Competing and watching our university sports teams compete for victory at Varsity
All events/activities for the end of this acadmeic year will be determined by COVID 19 Government Guidleines. After the year we've all had, we have missed out on some usually amazing times, but have no doubt we will be back with a bang as soon as we can. Join now to make amazing friends so that you can go into next year, posisitve and even more excited for normal life to return!
We can’t wait to meet our new members, you can join our WhatsApp chat to ask any questions you might have as well as meeting other members by using this link. https://chat.whatsapp.com/LVNlMii6EyU7ra122lrVK5
You can send us a message on our UWL Netball Facebook or Instagram page to get in touch with out committee and ask us anything at all! If you would like to know more about us join our WhatsApp above where we will post dates/times and links.
See you there!!
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
CLUB CAPTAIN (MANAGER) - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President & Captains roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the on-field direction and the organisational elements that go into running a successful sports club on and off the field of play. This person doesn’t need to be the best player, but more of a leader who has a vision for the club. Club captains will be assisted by team captains where applicable.
CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This is a sports-specific role that will take the lead of the on-field match day activities. They will lead the team to perform to the best of their ability and will lead by example. They will be a role model for their members. They will liaise with all team captains, facilities, referees and opposition on a match day.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of a social media sec that some student groups have had in previous years and other means of communication. It’s been designed to ensure consistency of your student groups message across all communications and to give you a single point of contact for comms. This person will oversee the student group communications.
EVENTS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to add value to the previous social sec role, therefore, it includes elements of the social sec role. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work, the financial elements and the face-to-face elements that go into running effective and successful student group events and social activities.
INCLUSION MANAGER - Click Here
- Our groups do a great job of creating an inclusive environment and we believe can do more to support you in this area. So, we have created an inclusion manager. This role is new and is responsible for ensuring that all student group activity is accessible for all students. You’ll challenge ideas and suggestions to make sure your offer is inclusive.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE