At UWL Pole Fitness we created this sports club to not only have a great way to get fit, gain some muscle and learn new skills but to also create a little community and gain new friends all while having the best time ever during your time at university!
Our weekly sessions are run by our amazing instructor Alex who will teach you different moves, create fun routines and encourage you to become the best version of yourself.
Within our sessions like to try all aspects of Pole. This includes spinning poles, routines, and showcases alongside our usual classes.
In previous years a few of our Vixens participated in the Ealing Pole Studio showcase and we hope to put on another showcase this year to show off all your amazing skills!
Whether you're a beginner or have some previous pole experience Alex will work at your speed and help build your confidence! You'll be catching up with the advanced classes in no time!
The Vixens are an amazing group of people who love to have fun while getting fit!
If you want to become part of the Vixen family, we would love to hear from you!! We'll help guide you through how to join our sports club!
Our Membership price is currently £75
The price of your membership will go towards paying for our wonderful instructor Alex, the studio hire, insurance (in the unlikely event that it is required), and access to all socials!
To be insured you must purchase the membership and attend sessions on time for the warm-up, without the legal requirement of the warm-up you cannot take part in the session.
Pole Classes will be weekly on Saturdays with our amazing instructor Alex!
Each Saturday there will be two sessions;
Beginner Classes are from 4:30 pm to 5:15 pm
Advanced Classes are from 5:15 pm to 6 pm
Unfortunately, the Vixen's stash is separate from the membership costs. However, they are not mandatory to purchase, it's all optional!
Events and Activities
Events and Activities will only be available for those who have a full membership with us.
Within our sessions, we like to mix it up a bit and add in some chair, high heels, and floor routines.
At Pole Fitness we try to plan socials around schedules so that all the Vixens can attend!
Socials will be a variety of events so that everyone can enjoy!
In previous years we have had dinners, pub quiz nights, bowling, uni parties e.g Halloween, winter wonderland, and pumpkin carving.
However, we are always open to suggestions for anything you think would be a fun night out!
So don't be afraid to tell us what you think via Instagram or email :)
As part of our activities and events, we also like to show our support for events hosted by the other sports and social teams.
At our socials, we aim to raise money for the chosen charity of the night. Members will be able to choose with the committee which charity we will be donating to.
In previous years the Vixens raised funds for Period Poverty and have donated sanitary products to Ealing food bank to support the community.
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
CLUB CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President & Captains roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the on-field direction and the organisational elements that go into running a successful sports club on and off the field of play. This person doesn’t need to be the best player, but more of a leader who has a vision for the club. Club captains will be assisted by team captains where applicable.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of a social media sec that some student groups have had in previous years and other means of communication. It’s been designed to ensure consistency of your student groups message across all communications and to give you a single point of contact for comms. This person will oversee the student group communications.
EVENTS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to add value to the previous social sec role, therefore, it includes elements of the social sec role. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work, the financial elements and the face-to-face elements that go into running effective and successful student group events and social activities.
VICE CAPTAIN - Click Here (see Captain)
- This is a sports-specific role that will assist the Captain with the 'on-field' match day activities. They will lead the team to perform to the best of their ability and will lead by example. They will be a role model for their members. They will liaise with facilities, referees and opposition on a match day.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
For more about dates, times, and access information please follow us at uwlpolefitness on Instagram.
Any questions email us at UWLpolefitness@gmail.com or via our Instagram!
If you would like to become part of the committee, feel free to email us!