Chat with us
Basketball is a sport that anyone can get involved with, so anyone who wants to take part or wants to join the team you are more than welcome. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert, we can help each other as a team and learn by working together.
If you are interested and want an opportunity to able to compete against other Universities around UK bring your A game and put it to the test.
Being part of Lady Titans allows students to have a team made up of friends and compete against other student teams throughout the year.
Training - Mondays 18:00-20:00
Location - Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub
We'll be holding a taster session on Wednesday 6th Oct at Gunnersbury Park from 15:00-16:00.
It would be great to see you there!
Come and join Lady Titans to improve your basketball skills and enjoy playing with other students who are likely to become friends for life.
As a member of Lady Titans, you'll get the opportunity to not only represent UWL, but you'll also meet loads of individuals that will become your friends for life and make your university experience even more exciting.
The purchase of the membership to be part of this family will give you access to our competitive fixtures throughout the season 21-22. You will get access to our training sessions every week and an opportunity to play in Varsity and go on tour!
The membership fees go towards our club, this includes cost of travel to matches, our match, training kits, the provision of a dedicated strength and conditioning coach and the long-term development of Lady Titans.
BUCS matches are not sue to start until Jan 2021 with weekly training due to start in late October, possibly November.
Events and Activities
Over the course of the year we host a wide number of events including:
- Trainings every Tuesdays at 6pm*
- BUCS matches on Wednesdays from 2pm*
- Regular club socials (usually Wednesdays) including pub quizzes, fancy dress nights, club karaoke, movie nights or a chill evening at Freddie's bar.
- We will be hosting zoom calls until events are allowed according to the government guidelines.
*Due to Covid, BUCS matches are not sue to start until Jan 2021 with weekly training due to start in late October, possibly November.
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
CLUB CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President & Captains roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the on-field direction and the organisational elements that go into running a successful sports club on and off the field of play. This person doesn’t need to be the best player, but more of a leader who has a vision for the club. Club captains will be assisted by team captains where applicable.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of a social media sec that some student groups have had in previous years and other means of communication. It’s been designed to ensure consistency of your student groups message across all communications and to give you a single point of contact for comms. This person will oversee the student group communications.
EVENTS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to add value to the previous social sec role, therefore, it includes elements of the social sec role. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work, the financial elements and the face-to-face elements that go into running effective and successful student group events and social activities.
COVID OFFICER - Click Here
- This is a new role in response to the Covid Pandemic. We will be working with you to ensure that your activity is Covid safe and that you are your members are aware of the latest GOV measures.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE