LIVE MUSIC SHOWCASE WITH MNGR
Thu 19 September 2019 17:00-22:00
Freddie’s/Lawrence Hall - UWLSU North Building, St Mary's Rd, London W5 5RF
Join us with a collective of genres brought to you by our very own and established MNGR. This will be a night filled with bands and acts of diverse sounds. Join MNGR, creatives, musicians and like-minded people from 5-7pm to network in a relaxed and chilled environment before heading next into Lawrence Hall door to enjoy some live music.
The MNGR is a music-focused magazine, multimedia, and events platform delivering Music, News, Gigs, and Reviews ranging from your favourite charting stars, emerging UK acts, to local University of West London (UWL) talent. The MNGR provides a networking hub where music and media creatives, industry minds, and enthusiasts can work together. Our services include writing articles and reviews for artists, putting on events for the enjoyment of our readers and audience, and aiding in the exposure of artists through various promotional tools.
The MNGR won the UWLSU 2018 'Best Single Achievement' award, from the nationally voted Best SU of England.
You can check out what MNGR have coming up in the pipeline throughout the year and more using their social media handles below.
Luís is a Portuguese musician, currently going into his 2nd year at UWL. He began his music journey at 6 years old when he first started studying classical piano, and after learning how to play guitar at age 12, Luís began writing and producing his own material. In 2017, he started releasing songs on Spotify and Apple Music, putting out his first EP “LOVEFOOL”. His most recent project is a 2 track EP called “midnight blue”, a combination of 2 dream-pop and alternative songs, reminiscent of artists such as Jeremy Zucker and LANY. He is currently working on writing new material and gigging around London, spreading his music to as many people as possible.
From Canterbury, UK Ellie Jayne is a soothing singer-songwriter with a lullaby tone. From being raised on rock and reggae from a young age to discovering acoustic and indie pop thanks to older siblings, Ellie Jayne took to performing like a fish to water. Being an alto and soprano saxophonist allows her to explore different sounds within her music, encompassing multiple genres within her own sound.
With a great love for Queen, Ellie Jayne started a bachelor’s degree in Music Performance and Recording at London College of Music. With Freddie Mercury, Ronnie Wood and Pete Townshend as members of the alumni, it is a perfect fit for the budding artist. Now in the final year of her degree, Ellie Jayne is taking the knowledge she has gained to hit the music scene with a passion. As a relatively fresh face to the London music scene, there is a lot on the horizon for Ellie Jayne, having played several shows around London in venues such as The Moon & Maybe in West London, as well as Proud Camden and The Slaughtered Lamb in Shoreditch.
With her first EP Lunchtime release under small independent label Pink Noise Records, Ellie Jayne finds herself in a growing community of musicians and producers looking to make names for themselves. She is the first signing of the label with hopes of more releases in the near future.
Kaisanova are a funk-soul band based in West London. The newly formed band includes Nicole Clarke (lead vocals), Calum (bass), Billy (Guitar), Will (Keys), Will (Drums), and Alycia (Saxophone)
Opal Skies, a 5 piece band from West London. We’ve just released our first EP on the 12th of July which was widely successful for a first release. We combine various genres such as Alternative, Indie, Art and Heavy Rock, to create exciting, crowd invigorating songs. We play a lot with the listeners emotion which is key to our music.
Online tickets will close from 6PM, after this LIMITED tickets will only be available on the door (CASH ONLY) so be sure to get them in online to avoid disappointment!
Terms and Conditions for Events
Here at UWLSU we operate a series of Terms and Conditions for our events. This is both for your safety, security and licensing reasons. Please note that by attending one of our events, ticketed or not, you agree to the below terms and conditions.
Section 1: Purchase of a ticket or wristband is subject to the following terms and conditions;
1. You need a valid ticket/wristband to get in to see the show/event.
2. The venue management and/or event promoter (UWLSU) reserves the right to refuse admission. If you arrive late to an advertised last entry time, this constitutes grounds for a refusal of admission.
3. Please do not be offended if the venue management or promoter requests to see the contents of your bag. For certain events, the management also reserve the right to conduct security searches on admission by trained members of the security team.
4. Only in the event of the show/event being cancelled will your ticket be refunded.
5. Reselling a ticket or wristband for commercial gain will result in the ticket being invalid and non-refundable.
6. Sometimes the promoter (UWLSU) or event manager may need to make alterations to the advertised details of the performance/event at short notice. If this happens, the promoter (UWLSU) is not required to issue a refund or exchange of tickets/wristbands.
7. If allocated seats/areas have been issued to you, the venue manager or promoter (UWLSU) reserve the right to change this without refund.
8. By purchasing a ticket/wristband you are affirming your consent to the filming and/or sound recording of you as a member of the public whilst on the premises.
9. We are sorry if any of your personal property is lost or damaged whilst in attendance of the event, however the promoter (UWLSU) and/or the venue is not responsible for personal belongings you choose to bring to an event.
10. The unauthorised use of any professional camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
11. The venue and/or promoter holds the right to amend additional terms and conditions without notification to ticketholders.
Section 2 - Upon entry to one of our events, you adhere to the following;
1.1. Management always reserve the right of refusal upon your entry.
1.2. Management always reserve the right to remove you from the venue without reason.
2. You agree to be photographed and/or filmed whilst in attendance.
3. UWLSU operates a strict Challenge 21 policy, if you look under 21 you will be asked to prove your age.
4. UWLSU is not responsible for the actions of outside contractors, such as Security staff. We apologise if you have a problem with one of our contractors and we ensure all members of contactor staff are fully qualified and in a position to be working for us, however we cannot accept any responsibility for their actions.
5. You will not be served alcohol is you appear to be too drunk.
6. You agree to follow instructions given by members of the UWLSU team.
7. You understand that any cloakroom operated means that valuables are left at your own risk.