SPORTS TASTER DAY/ SPORTS TASTER DAY SOCIAL
Wed 25 Sep 2019 14:00 - Thu 26 Sep 2019 02:00
Our Sports Taster day gives you the opportunity to check out the array of sporting options at a range of venues. At the Sports Taster you will be able to meet the committees, other members and all the other new students who are interested in taking part.
It’s a great opportunity to meet and make new friends who have a common interest
Taster sessions will take place the week commencing 23rd September and will run from 2pm till 4pm.
Basketball (Mens and Womens) - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Osterley Sports & Athletics Centre
Football (Mens and Womens) - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Gunnersbury Park
Cheerleading - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club
Cricket - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club
Netball - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club
Rounders - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club
Rugby (Mens and Womens) - Wednesday 25th 2pm - 4pm at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club
Hockey (Mixed) - Monday 23rd 7pm - 8:30pm19:00 - 20:30 at St Augustines School
Pole Fitness - Tuesday 24th 8pm - 10pm at The Ealing Pole Studio
MMA - Monday 23rd - 7pm - 8:30pm at Paragon Hub
Sports Taster Social
The day doesn’t end there!
Come down to Freddie’s Bar from 7.30pm and purchase one of our drinks deals to get a free entry wristband to party at Notting Hill Arts Club until 2AM.
Notting Hill Arts Club is open from 10PM – 2AM unfortunately you will not be able to get into the venue without a free wristband from Freddie’s. So come down and get to know our sports teams and societies who will be leading the way down to Notting Hill arts from 9.15pm
Sports Taster Day Venues:
Osterley Sports & Athletics Centre: 120 Wood Ln, Isleworth TW7 5FG
Gunnersbury Park, pope lane, Acton, W3 8LQ.
Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club, Vallis Way, West Ealing, W13 0DD
St Augustines School, Hillcrest Rd, Ealing, London W5 2JL
The Ealing Pole Studio, 11 Spring Bridge Rd, Ealing, London W5 2AA
Paragon Hub, Paragon House, Boston Manor Rd, Brentford TW8 9GA
Sports Taster Day Social: 21 Notting Hill Gate, Kensington, London W11 3JQ
Terms and Conditions for Events
Here at UWLSU we operate a series of Terms and Conditions for our events. This is both for your safety, security and licensing reasons. Please note that by attending one of our events, ticketed or not, you agree to the below terms and conditions.
Section 1: Purchase of a ticket or wristband is subject to the following terms and conditions;
1. You need a valid ticket/wristband to get in to see the show/event.
2. The venue management and/or event promoter (UWLSU) reserves the right to refuse admission. If you arrive late to an advertised last entry time, this constitutes grounds for a refusal of admission.
3. Please do not be offended if the venue management or promoter requests to see the contents of your bag. For certain events, the management also reserve the right to conduct security searches on admission by trained members of the security team.
4. Only in the event of the show/event being cancelled will your ticket be refunded.
5. Reselling a ticket or wristband for commercial gain will result in the ticket being invalid and non-refundable.
6. Sometimes the promoter (UWLSU) or event manager may need to make alterations to the advertised details of the performance/event at short notice. If this happens, the promoter (UWLSU) is not required to issue a refund or exchange of tickets/wristbands.
7. If allocated seats/areas have been issued to you, the venue manager or promoter (UWLSU) reserve the right to change this without refund.
8. By purchasing a ticket/wristband you are affirming your consent to the filming and/or sound recording of you as a member of the public whilst on the premises.
9. We are sorry if any of your personal property is lost or damaged whilst in attendance of the event, however the promoter (UWLSU) and/or the venue is not responsible for personal belongings you choose to bring to an event.
10. The unauthorised use of any professional camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
11. The venue and/or promoter holds the right to amend additional terms and conditions without notification to ticketholders.
Section 2 - Upon entry to one of our events, you adhere to the following;
1.1. Management always reserve the right of refusal upon your entry.
1.2. Management always reserve the right to remove you from the venue without reason.
2. You agree to be photographed and/or filmed whilst in attendance.
3. UWLSU operates a strict Challenge 21 policy, if you look under 21 you will be asked to prove your age.
4. UWLSU is not responsible for the actions of outside contractors, such as Security staff. We apologise if you have a problem with one of our contractors and we ensure all members of contactor staff are fully qualified and in a position to be working for us, however we cannot accept any responsibility for their actions.
5. You will not be served alcohol is you appear to be too drunk.
6. You agree to follow instructions given by members of the UWLSU team.
7. You understand that any cloakroom operated means that valuables are left at your own risk.