Wednesday 11 November 2020
10am - 11:59pm
Calling all UWL DJs! We know you’re going through a quiet time at the moment, as all your gigs were canceled due to COVID, but don’t worry Blast Radio got you covered!
Blast Radio is giving UWL DJs the opportunity to have their mix featured live on 89.6 FM Westside Radio!
For your chance to show off your DJ skills on live radio, just email a CLEAN (no profanities) 10-minute promo mix to email@example.com with the subject header “Westside Competition” and your student ID number in the body of the email before 11.59 pm on Sunday 6th December.
Just remember to reflect Westside’s music policy in your mix – think Hip Hop, R&B, Afrobeats, Urban music, and the Blast’s and Westside’s Team will pick their favorite mix and ask that DJ to submit a longer, 30-minute radio edit mix, which will be aired on 89.6 FM Westside as part of the Saturday night schedule.
Make sure you’ve joined Blast Radio before submitting your mix: you can do it here. This will also give you access to all the similar events Blast Radio is running in the future.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get yourself heard and good luck!
Blast x Westside DJ Competition Rules:
1) Your submission mix must be 10 min long. We will not accept considerably shorter or longer mixes.
2) Your song selection must reflect 89.6FM WestsideRadio’s music profile.
3) DJ name drops are acceptable, however please refrain from any talk breaks.
4) Your mix must be submitted before 11:59pm on Sunday 6th of December 2020.
5) You should submit your mix by sharing a download link (e.g. WeTransfer, DropBox) in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Westside Competition”. Make sure to include your student ID number in the body of the email.
6) The quality of the submitted audio file should be of the radio standard: .wav or mp3 320 kbps.
7) You should only use CLEAN versions of the songs. Any profanity will result in your mix being rejected (You can find out more by reading Ofcom - Offensive Language)
8) The process of choosing the winner remains up to Blast’s& Westside’s discretion.
9) The winner’s mix will be featured as part of the MixSupreme Show on Saturday 19th of December 2020 (Blast Radio & 89.6 FM Westside Radio reserve the right to change the broadcast date).
10) You must be a Blast Radio Member to qualify for the competition.