Chat with us
Hi, we’re the UWL Opera Society! If you’re interested in singing, performing and generally having fun whilst learning new repertoire, this is the place to be! We’re an inclusive society that welcomes anyone, regardless of ability.
Most of our members had never even sang opera before joining, but now we have an amazing group of classical singers and we want to expand our opera family. We have plenty of opportunities for solos, duets and chorus pieces, and we will hopefully be performing a Christmas concert and another concert in the Spring.
We are currently organising some other exciting performances! As well as this, we have many other fundraising events and socials, which we are very much looking forward to. Feel free to get in touch with us on social media!
- President- Lucy Lombard
- Vice President- Charlotte Hannan
Purchasing a membership to our society will allow you to attend our rehearsals, access to all our sheet music (which will be provided to you) and will also allow you to performing in our concerts!
Your membership fees will go towards running our society, hiring performance venues and to purchase any equipment and or opera themed necessities!
As a member you'll be able to join our opera family, broaden your opera knowledge, take part in some wonderful concerts and learn some classical opera and musical theatre repertoire!
Events and Activities
Over the course of the we host a number of events including:
- Rehearsals every Wednesday evening
- A Winter concert
- Regular club socials
- Open mic nights
- A themed night out
- Attendance to the Student Union awards
- Our own Opera awards
- A Spring concert
- And many more!
The committee is really excited to welcome new members, feel free to get in touch with us on social media! We have a Instagram page, a Facebook page and a Twitter page which are all listed below:
You can also send us an email for any further enquiries: email@example.com
COMMITTEE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
CHAIRPERSON - click here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President and Vice-Presidents roles. It’s been designed to incorporate some of the administration and face-to-face elements that go into running a society. This person will act as the face of the society and will lead by example!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - click here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
EVENTS MANAGER - click here
- This person will be responsible for motivating, organising and connecting the Student Groups members. They will provide a wide range and inspiring events throughout the year. They will plan events that bring the student group members together. and/or reward volunteers, are successes in order to ensure the future well-being of the Student Group.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE