Chat with us
Hi everyone! We are the UWL Warriors and we are the university's Cheerleading team. We have two different teams, our competition and sideline teams.
Our competition team trains on Monday evenings and is open to people of all abilities and levels, all you need is positivity and be open to trying new things.
Each year we compete at the BCA University and Schools National Competition in Derby which is an amazing experience and a great end to the season.
On this team you will learn to Jump, Tumble, Stunt and Dance, the majority of our members had never cheered before they joined the team so no previous experience is needed!
If the competition team is not for you, then our Sideline team is the perfect alternative! This team meets on Thursdays where we make chants and routines in preparation to support our fellow sports teams at their matches on Wednesday afternoons.
If you would like to be part of a team that spreads positivity, is welcoming to every team member new and old, and have a lot of fun while doing it then we are the team for you!
Our Competition membership is £62. This covers the cost of a 2 hour training session with our fabulous coach, insurance in the unlikely event that it is required, competition entry fee and travel to the event, access to our weekly social events and a membership for our sideline team should you wish to be part of both teams.
Sideline membership is £31 and this will cover the cost of a 2 hour training session on Thursday nights, and you can also attend our weekly Wednesday socials where you can get to know people from the Competition team and at larger events people from different UWL Sports Teams.
Competition membership: £62
Sideline membership: £31
Events and Activities
Wednesday nights are dedicated to sports socials where each week we hold and attend various events all year round including Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day and many many more.
If going out is not your scene then don't worry our chilled games and movie nights are prefect for team bonding and building new friendships that last a lifetime.
In March we also compete at the BCA University & Schools Nationals and in April the University sporting event of the year, 'VARSITY' where both our competition and sideline members come together to support our fellow UWL sports teams at their matches and perform during halftime.
We have a Whatsapp group where you can talk to our committee and meet other new members. All you have to do is click on the link and you will be directed to the group chat.
We are going to host a Zoom call where you can meet current members of our team and talk about the upcoming year. So what're you waiting for? Click that link!
Feel free to contact us on either of our social media platforms and our wonderful committee will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or concerns:
Below are the positions available when putting yourself forward for a committee position. Some groups may have additional roles to others, so make sure you check them out!
GROUP ADMINISTRATOR - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to reduce the demand on the President and add value to the treasurer role, therefore, it includes elements of the Treasurer roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work and the financial elements that go into running a student group.
CLUB CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of the President & Captains roles. It’s been designed to incorporate the on-field direction and the organisational elements that go into running a successful sports club on and off the field of play. This person doesn’t need to be the best player, but more of a leader who has a vision for the club. Club captains will be assisted by team captains where applicable.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is new and includes elements of a social media sec that some student groups have had in previous years and other means of communication. It’s been designed to ensure consistency of your student groups message across all communications and to give you a single point of contact for comms. This person will oversee the student group communications.
EVENTS MANAGER - Click Here
- This role is a new role created to add value to the previous social sec role, therefore, it includes elements of the social sec role. It’s been designed to incorporate the behind-the-scenes administrative work, the financial elements and the face-to-face elements that go into running effective and successful student group events and social activities.
VICE CAPTAIN - Click Here
- This is a sports-specific role that will assist the Captain with the 'on-field' match day activities. They will lead the team to perform to the best of their ability and will lead by example. They will be a role model for their members. They will liaise with facilities, referees and opposition on a match day.
For the full description of the core roles, head over to our webpage to take a look: click here
How do I nominate myself?
Nominating yourself couldn’t be easier!
All you need to do is write a short bio (up to 300 words) about who you are, what position you are running for, and why and fill out this google form: HERE